This comprehensive book incorporates the latest research and discoveries about causes of low milk supply, the way the body makes milk, and how babies contribute to milk production. Valuable suggestions for both time-honored and innovative ways to make more milk are provided, as well as information on:
- How to determine if baby is really getting enough milk.
- Supplementing without decreasing supply.
- Maximizing the amount of milk produced.
- Identifying the causes of low milk supply.
- Increasing supply with effective methods, including pumping, herbs, medications, foods, and alternative therapies.
- Returning to work, exclusively pumping, relactation, and more.